The Importance of Planning Your Career Path
A successful, happy individual will tell you that the importance of planning your career path is to ensure that you will always have a road map to follow.
Importance of Planning Your Career Path
Having a career path is like having a professional insurance policy. With a career path you will probably:
- Have a broader skill base: You will have identified and learned the skills necessary to make you more attractive to a wider range of employers.
- Make logical job transitions: You will know what skills and responsibilities to look for in the next job.
- Have increasing responsibility: You will have identified and gained the skills and training you need to take on more responsibility.
- Have a broader prospective: You will be able to understand where a specific job or responsibility fits into your overall career path plans.
- Make decisions easier: You can look at a situation within a larger context and better evaluate your options.
- Earn more: You are less likely to be underpaid since your career research will tell you what you should be earning.
- Be more satisfied: You will be moving in a career direction that is designed to meet your lifestyle, interest and financial goals.
Career Planning Timeline
Career & Job Links